One of the most popular hair removal methods today is waxing. Some people prefer it over tweezing, shaving, epilating, or laser hair removal. It can be applied to almost any part of the body where there is hair--armpits, bikini line, mustache, etc.
- Gradually thins out hair growth in certain areas the longer you use this method. Great for naturally coarse and thick hair.
- Longer lasting effect, up to six weeks before the cycle of hair growth starts again.
- Waxing strips are cheap and can be done in the convenience of your own home.
- Target large and small areas in one time.
- No black stubble after--which is a common side effect of shaving
- Can get to harder to reach areas especially in the pubic area
- No more burns or razor cuts
- Can be incredibly painful to those with low pain tolerance, especially if you're on your period
- Once the hair cycle begins, you have to wait for hair to grow out at least 1/4 of the way before getting another session. This means you will always have that awkward period where it can get itchy and uncomfortable.
- Brazilian waxes can increase your risk of getting STDs or STIs, especially if you go a public salon where it's not very clean or if they double dip waxing materials. Yikes! Although generally, if you removing pubic hair already increases your risk because you are more open to infections.
- Can cause ingrown hairs if not done properly or if you have sensitive skin
- If not careful, you can get bruising, wax burns or scarring
- If you're on Accutane or retinols, you'll need to stop using them for a week before every session as it leaves your skin vulnerable